Monday, August 2, 2010

1970-1972 - VELVET DAYS

Waking in the early morning, got to find my way.
Lost amid the thoughts of yearning for the velvet days.
Softly, along the sidewalk, hearing the endless stream of talk.
No one saw me in the meadow, running free to never go astray.
Wander through the lovely, velvet days.

Kissing each raindrop falling, December's gone to May.
Nothing left to be appalling in the velvet days.
Walking without a sense of time, living a life which must be mine.
No one hears the sunshine but me, seeing things nobody else can see,
in my own way.
Catch another glimpse of velvet days.

People come and people going, in every which way.
None are lucky as myself to have the velvet days.
Softly, into the hearts of those writers of poetry and prose,
with plenty to say.
All members of those beautiful velvet days.

No comments:

Post a Comment